What is Facial Acupuncture?
Facial Acupuncture is a growing trend among Canadians. Many people are searching for natural alternatives to anti-aging therapies, as Botox and fillers are expensive, contain harsh chemicals, and have to be continuously maintained.
Facial Acupuncture is one of the lesser known applications of Traditional Chinese Medicine in the West. However, it has been widely used in China for many years to prevent the onset of wrinkles and facial lines.
Facial acupuncture is a non-invasive way to look younger. Here are just some of the reported benefits:
- Reduction in fine lines, which may even disappear
- Softening of deeper lines
- Reduction of jowls or sagging skin, and defined jaw line
- Improvement in skin conditions like acne and rosacea
- Soft and smooth skin that looks more vibrant
- Fading age spots
- Increasing collagen production
- Tightening pores
This treatment is for men and women, and is both preventative and corrective, so you can begin at any age.
How Does Facial Acupuncture Work?
Acupuncture needles are inserted into the face and body, which will increase circulation to the face and stimulate collagen production. This will fill out wrinkles and increase muscle tone and skin elasticity, creating a healthy, glowing complexion.
- 10 treatments over 10 weeks
- Initial assessment (90 minutes) + 9 subsequent treatments (60 minutes each)
Each treatment consists of acupuncture needles inserted on the body as well as the face, unique to you. Individualizing the treatment like this helps to target internal imbalances that may be contributing to the signs of aging on the face, as well as helping to promote deep relaxation.
How Do I Prepare for My Treatments?
- Wear comfortable loose-fitting clothes, or bring a pair of shorts and a short-sleeved top to change into
- Drink water
- Do not wear makeup – your skin should be clean
- Avoid hot showers, hot tub, saunas for at least 1 hour before treatment